Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Many Hats


me, originally uploaded by Reid Pierce.

One thing I love about my job is that I'm always getting to put on different hats - sometimes quite literally. One day I could have on the hard hat while touring the new school with the construction supervisor and superintendent. Another day I could be wearing my wool beanie aboard a workboat at dawn with oystermen. This week, I was squirting smoke at honeybees so we could open the hive and get a look inside. And while I almost always prefer to be on the other side of the camera, in this case - I couldn't resist getting a shot of myself dresed as a beekeeper!

3 comments:

kitty said...

there's something very classic about this picture! i think you should frame it and put it in one of the kid's rooms. way to go, mama!

Sarah Q said...

i love catherine's idea. frame it.

jamie said...

saw this pic on flickr before the blog post- LOVE it.