Sunday, February 21, 2010

An eye to the future

Everything electronic is exploding, or imploding, on me. Our internet, which was free, moved away with our neighbors, leaving our building happily quiet, if unconnected. Then my camera kicked the bucket this weekend. I may have temporarily fixed the problem with a stuck mirror only to wind up with an auto focus issue. Time to start saving up for a replacement for the circa 2004 Canon Rebel EOS. I knew its time was coming. I just was hoping it would hold out for another year. After waiting 5 hours on Friday for the Comcast Tech, I was still without internet this weekend. (Good news, installation - set for Monday - will now be free.) Long story short, my ability to blog has been greatly hindered these past few weeks. I'm using a few minutes at the end of a long Sunday at work to share a few recent videos taken with my phone.

The first video is of Sawyer and Arden looking through my old photo album, which is just a collection of old photos of me, my brother, my parents and Scott. It's one of Sawyer's newest most favorite things to do. Who's this? Who's that? He's fascinated by my baby pictures. And it's fun to trick them. Arden looked at a little photo of me the other day and said: It's ARNEN! Here, Sawyer gets stumped on a photo of Ross with long hair ....



Today's second video is a little diddly of Sawyer playing with his new Doctor's Kit, picked up at the second-hand store. He's moved on from wanting to be a train engineer. At school a few months ago, they had the discovery room set up as a doctor's office. Ever since, Sawyer has been fixated on all things medical. All I can say is that we're hoping he either turns out to be really really smart or a great athlete and gets scholarships or that he decides the train engineer thing wasn't such a bad idea after all. (They're unionized. GREAT benefits.)

1 comment:

Afternoon Stache said...

love it. sometimes I don't even recognize myself.