Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just Cuz.


My brother and I grew up without any cousins, so I'm really excited for Sawyer and Arden to have the experience of growing up with five of them.

Last weekend, Scott's brother Brian and his wife Jami came to visit with their two kids, Gracie and Max.

The weather was glorious. We started the trip in Denver with lunch at "My Brother's Bar" (the city's oldest bar in existence) and a run through REI's flaship store in Denver, which is in the restored 1901 Denver Tramway power company building. We hiked to Adams Falls and had margaritas on the patio of Poncho's and Lefty's overlooking Grand Lake. We even crashed a wedding in the park, ate ice cream on the boardwalk in Grand Lake. And that was just the first 24 hours.

The following day, after a big breakfast, the boys headed across the street to the local ski hill where the summer "gravity" biking season was kicking off. Scott had a flashback to his professional motocross days and went big.

Brothers in arms.


While the boys risked life and limb, the kids ran around the base area while Aunt Jami and I drank Bloody Marys.


The seven cousins are all within five years. Jace is 5, Sawyer almost 4, Arden, Gracie and Kieran are all 2, Max is 9 months and Kingston is brand new.


Off all the cousins, these two are the closest in age, only 5 months apart. I hope someday we manage to get all the cousins together at once.

It was so great having family visit. I wished they could have stayed another week. I hope the rest of you come visit soon.

2 comments:

Jami said...

It was so fun to watch the kids play together! Can't wait to come visit again.

Sarah Q said...

my kiddos will probably be cousinless, so we are working on second cousins instead. and i love the bloody mary part!