Sunday, October 30, 2011

'Tis the Season



I think I've mentioned before — I'm not a big decorator, shopper, baker or dresser-uper, which makes me bad at almost all things holiday. This year, short of bobbing for apples, I made a concerted effort for Halloween. We carved pumpkins for the first time since the kids were born, baked pumpkin pies, roasted pumpkin seeds, and I decorated the front porch with a spooky skeleton and spider web. I even got a temporary tattoo of a black widow spider crawling up my neck. Awesome.




Halloween this year was a weekend-long event, starting with a costume party at school on Thursday and continuing Friday with trick-or-treating at businesses in downtown Granby, followed by a big insane bash at the elementary school. The kids headed over the pass to Evergreen for the rest of the weekend with their dad while I headed out with Brussels Sprouts and his little cabbage for an evening of trick-or-treating along the main strip in Winter Park, followed by a delicious meal at the local Indian restaurant.

No comments: