Thursday, November 15, 2007

First kiss

Scott taught Sawyer to kiss.
It had never occurred to me that you had to 'teach' kissing. Maybe I'm just not Betty Crocker enough or something.
So, for a while there, Scott was the only one getting Sawyer kisses, or so he said. It was all fairy tale legend as far as I was concerned. Everytime he tried to show me - nothing. My kid doesn't perform on demand.
So, it struck me as odd when Sawyer came up to me recently while I was sitting on the floor with him, put his face very close to mine and started going "mmmmm."
My first reaction was to lean back: 'Dude, you're in my space. I need at least three inches and I can feel your breath.' (Definitely not Betty Crocker enough).
But - hit me over the head with a frying pan - I suddenly realized that Sawyer was trying to kiss me.
I leaned forward and pecked his pursed little lips. He followed up with the obligatory "mwoa" kissing sound and trotted off happily, leaving me in a melted puddle on the floor.

4 comments:

jamie said...

aw... it's the best! my parents taught clara to kiss when we left her with them for a weekend. i had the same reaction as you... "what the hell???? oh, i get it now."

Sarah Q said...

kisses are the best. hugs too. i have to beg addie and she still only doles them out when she chooses. i guess that makes them extra special.

Kate said...

Oh. That is so sweet. There is just nothing else to say about it. I can't wait until the first Libby kiss!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.