Monday, March 30, 2009

Could Have Been a Lamaze Coach

This is one of those: I wish I'd had the tape rolling moments, only I was on the phone with Scott who was saying: You should record this, and by the time we got off the phone the moment had passed.

Sawyer, who's been struggling with some plumbing issues due to his fear of pooping in the pot, was desperately trying to (as Scott likes to say) "drop the kids off at the pool."

Justin, good big brother that he is, was trying to be encouraging.

So as I'm in the kitchen, talking on the phone with Scott, I hear the following exchange coming from the bathroom down the hall:

Sawyer: I can't! It hurts!

Justin: You have to push!

Sawyer: Rrrrrrrrrr!

Justin: That's good! PUSH!

Sawyer: Rrrrrrrr!

Justin: PUSH!

Sawyer: It's coming! It's coming!

Justin: You're doing great! Now push again!

Sawyer: Rrrrrrr! I'm doing it! It's coming! It's c0minnnng . . .

I'm so sorry to report that there was no magnificent, screaming, crying end to this story.

Only a tiny, hard little poop.

Poor Sawyer.

4 comments:

Daddy said...

Now that's BROTHERHOOD !!!!!!

Afternoon Stache said...

It's all about the water. The more water, the less hard that rock will be, even if he is holding it.

Reid said...

The more water, the more he has to pee.

Niki said...

A personal poop coach. Now that's a career.