Monday, March 23, 2009

Stand UP!

Sometime in the past week – i have no idea where or when – Sawyer decided that he is a 'dada' and that he is going to go about his business the way dada's do. Standing up. That's right. Lift your toilet seats people, we have a wild stream of urine on the loose! But I have to say I much prefer it to the tuck-and-bend technique we had to employ when he was sitting girly style. There was the constant worry that he would stretch or turn and redirect the stream onto himself or, worse yet, me (yes that happened).

On that note, I have decided that one of the best gifts anyone can give a new mother is a sturdy stool, or two, or three. I find I need them everywhere: toilets, sinks, next to the baby's changing table, next to the kitchen counter, under the microwave - he constantly wants to "watch" or to "see" or to "do it myself." At my mother's house last weekend, Sawyer sustained an injury to the shoulder – or face, depending on which version of the story you hear - because he was running across the house stool in hand, moving locations. Maybe he just needs some of those cups you attach to your feet and walk around on. Remember those? Or platform shoes.

No comments: