Saturday, January 09, 2010

Notes from the day

I finally got around to taking down the Christmas tree this morning and partway through Sawyer looked at me and said: "Mommy, what are you doing with Christmas?"
I explained that I was putting it away until next year. He looked around the house desperately, his eyes landing on the art supplies and easel he received from his aunt and uncle, and, said: "Well, can I keep this part of Christmas?"
____

Sawyer is very interested in helping us cook dinner, and the participation is helping expand his menu. Tonight, trying to scrape something out of nothing in the fridge, I suggested scrambled eggs. He helped me melt the butter in the pan, crack and beat the eggs, pour in some milk and stir them in the skillet. We topped them with some salt and cheese. When he tasted them he said: "These are delicious."
Typical Jack-Spratt-and-Wife moment, Arden wouldn't touch them. (Both my kids enjoying the same meal would be more than I could imagine.) Sawyer said: "Arden, it's eggs, butter, milk and cheese. How can it be bad?"

1 comment:

Anne said...

Like a true extrovert, the only way he is going to enjoy food is if he cooks it. Smart move, Mommy.