Monday, May 03, 2010

The Naming of Things

Ok. I get that the seven of you who read my blog don't think I need a name change, but I'm looking for a little more anonymity, something more universal. Given my cutback in hours, I want to spend more time writing about mountain living and giving children meaningful outdoor experiences. (Maybe REI will sponsor me. Maybe I can use it to get some writing gigs. Maybe it will be you same seven people reading it a year from now.) With that in mind, I think it needs a new name. My other choice would be to create a second blog, but that just seems like way too much to maintain. I'm leaning toward "Roughing It" because the name works on many levels — It's the title of one of my all time favorite books by one of my all time favorite authors (Mark Twain) about his journeys out west. It plays into the outdoor adventure aspect as well as the fact that my little family never seems to have it easy. But, perhaps its too cliché. Please help. Vote in the poll on the left. You can pick multiple choices.

4 comments:

K*Funk said...

I like Roughing It!
I'll try to think of some other names for you, but feeling brain-dead right now....

Wendy said...

still not sure it needs another name but if you insist i like parallel 40 or meridian whatever or the great divide....i like how vague it is being so specific

K*Funk said...

OK, this time I voted (LOVE the poll!) - it's The Great Divide, all the way!!! love the Phish influence of course!!!

mandghall said...

i voted great divide thanks to the nanci griffith song. lovely lyrics and great tune. keep us posted!