Monday, August 14, 2006

There's a first time for everything

This was a weekend of firsts. It was Sawyer's first trip to our nation's capital. He visited his first museum (Air and Space). It was my first time changing his diaper in a public restroom. I fed him in public under the shield of a cloth diaper for the first time. We busted out the stroller for the first time and we all took turns pushing it.
At three weeks, our little man remains a good traveller. He slept for the whole 2-hour ride up to DC, the whole ride home, through a two-hour Home Depot shopping spree and through 15 Apollo missions at the Air and Space Museum. I am pleased with how well we are both adjusting (and still grateful for that magical white noise CD from Sarah Q.)
Speaking of Sarah Quainton, she and her husband Cap Poehner have graciously agreed to be Sawyer's godparents along with longtime friend Jen Randall and her soon-to-be husband John Kim. Both ladies have been practically family since high school and will be attending Sawyer's Christening in September to make it official. I have been blessed with such amazing godparents and, while these couples have big shoes to fill, I know they are up to the challenge.
We bid a tearful farewell to Justin Saturday. He returned to Cali where he starts school in two weeks. I will especially miss him since he has been such a big help with his baby brother. He always jumped to open doors for me or bring me the phone when it started ringing while I was feeding Sawyer. He took out the trash, made his own breakfast and lunch, cleaned his room, helped me change and bathe the baby, babysat while I took a shower ... really it bordered on child slave labor, however we did teach him a little about the benefits of capitalism with a generous $5 per week allowance (inflation!).
I can hardly believe I only have three weeks of maternity leave left!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You three ladies should combie your efforts and get a publisher.