Wednesday, October 10, 2007

28 weeks


28 weeks, originally uploaded by Reid Pierce.

It's hard to believe that I'm now in my third trimester. Just the thought of it is making me hyperventilate. The longer this baby stays in the womb the better. Right now its well fed and rested and I don't have to do anything.

In the meantime I have been receiving generous hand-me-downs from friends. I guess I never realized just how much pink girls wear. I mean, EVERYTHING is pink. I remember feeling that way about baby boy blue for a while, but there are so many colors that boys can wear - green, red, brown, grey and, my favorite, orange. Apparently if you put a baby girl in anything but pink or purple, people think its a boy. It's a little nauseating.

That said, I think I'm all set on clothes through next fall. I definitely have all I need for the 0-6 month age range, in case you are somebody who might want to shop for girl clothes (think summer 6+ months, fall 9+ months and winter 12+ months). I'm also all set on shoes until she starts walking.

In fact, if you are somebody who might be wondering what we need for the new arrival, I've started a list below. It's pretty short right now. I'll keep adding to it as I think of things. Unfortunately, its all big items - like three more convertible car seats, other forms of baby transportation and a few things to girly-up the nursery.

The other day, somebody I occasionally work with walked up to me after a meeting and put their hands on my stomach. Now this woman rightly predicted that I was having a boy last time. This time she close her eyes for a moment (maybe hummed a little) and then pronounced 'It's a boy!' It's actually a girl, I said. 'No. It's a boy!' she said, looking upset and then walking away. All I have to say is that if this is a boy I'm suing the ultrasound tech, or at least making her retrieve all the baby boy clothes I've already given away.


5 comments:

Wendy said...

Hope you like pink!!!!!

Chillable said...

Maybe she'll have hair...that way you can dress her in any color you want and just use barrettes to clue everyone in on the sex.
(we LOVE no-slippy-hair-clippys, they're the BEST!)

Sarah Q said...

we found that all colors of the rainbow belong to boys, and girls get one color - pink - and it isn't even in the rainbow. i suggest just tying a pink ribbon to the car seat or stroller and then dress her in whatever color you want. like black.

jamie said...

there's also the option of dressing her in whatever the heck you want... then enjoying watching strangers squirm when you politely inform them that your little boy's name is clara. (hypothetically speaking, of course.)

Anonymous said...

Yes, too much pink is nauseating! I dress my girls in whatever I want and just smile and correct people when they guess wrong. I think boys are more limited than girls - they just can't wear pink and purple and girls can wear blue and green and other color you can think of. Girls rule!