Tuesday, October 23, 2007

TV


tv, originally uploaded by Reid Pierce.

I have to give props to Scott who snagged this sunset photo just down the road from our house. We'd both been driving by this TV for a week when I said, I want to take a picture of that, and Scott said, no way, I already said that. The race was on, but he got there first and a few days later the TV was gone. There's about 100 different things I love about this picture. That the TV somehow ended up on the side of the road perfectly intact. I mean, did it fall off a truck and not break? Or did somebody carefully set it there on the edge of this random field? I love that it has dials, and dust still on top. And I love that it disappeared as quietly and randomly as it appeared. But, most of all, I love that Scott got the photo.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, televisions with dials and dust! Our kids will see them in museums. I can still remember the old clicking antenna box, to try to see one of the three channels we received. I'm old.

kitty said...

this is an amazing picture and for some reason it makes me really homesick. the warm haze of fall, the yellowness of late afternoon, the hick who could care less about the environment (there was a wendy's cup and a dirty diaper nearby wasn't there?). it's all that's special about our little corner of the world. aahhh, virginia. i can taste the ginger ale (with bourbon) now.

Sarah Q said...

i love this photo too

Niki said...

Probably fell out of the back of John's truck. He seems to be "lucky" in that respect.