Sunday, March 09, 2008

To the moon!.jpg


Meet my jealous boyfriend. Last night, Scott and I were hugging in the kitchen and Sawyer came running across the great room saying 'no no no' and pulling at my leg, actually peeling us apart. We pulled him up for a group hug. This morning we were snuggling on the couch and the same thing happened: 'no no no,' he said and crawled up on top of us. Then he gave me a big hug. We sandwiched him between us until he wriggled free.

It's funny. I remember being really sad around the time Sawyer turned 9 months and weaned himself. He was so wiggly and always on the go - no time for cuddling. I thought I'd never have that again. Now Sawyer loves hugs. And nothing feels better than a squeeze from a little person.

I wish I could jar those jealous little 'no no no's' and the chubby soft feel of his arms squeezing my neck. I'd take them out years down the road, on some day when I'm feeling blue. It would be the most powerful medicine on earth.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Good looking bib you got there, Sawyer. Someone who loves you lots must have given it to you...

Afternoon Stache said...

The bib is impressive, yes. But what I am really imrpessed with is that his placemat is teaching the denominations of money. Get 'em started early!