Friday, October 24, 2008

Do-it-yourself


Sawyer is getting into that 'me do it' phase. He loves wearing boots - cowboy or wellies - because he can put them on by himself even though 9 out of 10 times they go on the wrong feet. We spent 20 minutes putting on his pajamas the other night because he couldn't figure out how to pull up the butt. He helps himself to snacks, opens doors, turns on and off lights, brushes his own teeth, lets the water out of the bathtub and carries his own lunch box to school. This morning, he also put on his own hat before we walked out the door. I guess he didn't realize that I had already put a a hat on him.

2 comments:

Chillable said...

I admit I'm a bit of a control freak, so the whole 'do it myself' attitude makes me a little crazy---especially when pressed for time. Current 'sadie do it' candidates: buckling herself into her carseat, unlocking the mailbox, brushing her teeth, and (!) cooking dinner. Yeah, the last one gets a bit messy. We've learned to like food with LOTS of garlic salt in it.

Kate said...

And this is the real reason it takes so long to get anywhere - it takes toddlers (and preschoolers) forever to get themselves ready!