Thursday, October 09, 2008

Growing up


It seems like the second one grows up faster than the first. It's survival, I think. They have to keep up. Arden was clawing at Sawyer's dinner last night so I put her in the opposite chair with a cracker - Sawyer didn't even start sitting in a regular chair until he was 18 months old. She sat there perfectly still, content as could be, munching away. The whole scene just cracked me up.

We had our 9 month check up yesterday - funny, with Sawyer I could have spit out every statistic they gave me at the doctor's office. All I can remember about Arden's appointment is that she's still short - 35th percentile. After the appointment I took her grocery shopping and somebody stopped me - because when you have a baby in the grocery store it's impossible to get through without somebody stopping to coo over the baby - and they asked me amid all the cooing: 'How much does she weigh?' Random. Especially since I had been at the pediatricians less than an hour ago and had her weighed, but I didn't have a clue. (A little less than 19 pounds - I checked when I got home). Then the lady asked me: 'Where does she get her red hair?' I wouldn't call it red - but it does have a lot of blond in it now and the way it stands up on her head like a fuzzy halo it might have been reflecting some of the light from the deli meat display.

1 comment:

Chillable said...

Wow! Lots going on here in Pierceville. Exciting about the new job and other big developments--- I honestly don't know how you find time to write this stuff! Stop making the rest of us look bad. ;)