Tuesday, July 13, 2010

We're back

Our Internet went out about a week ago when a Comcast Cable guy showed up at the complex to work on the neighbor's cable. Despite my repeated attempts to convince people at customer service that the two things were somehow related, they insisted it was my modem and that I'd need to take it to a retail outlet and exchange it. Which I did. GUESS WHAT? My Internet still didn't work. Finally, I got somebody on the phone who saw things my way and submitted a service ticket for me. This is where living in a small town comes in handy. Having the service guy come to the house was going to require that an adult be home for at least four hours in the middle of a work day — you know the drill, right? "The service guy can be there some time between 1 and 5 p.m." You get there at 12 :45 but, of course, he doesn't show up until 5:15. In this case, I about fell out of my swivel chair at work when the tech called me at 9 a.m. and said: "I'm sitting in your driveway and I've fixed the problem." I could hear the chorus of angels singing in the background. "I installed the cable there initially," he said, "so when I saw the ticket I realized that the guy who went out there to disconnect the cable to Unit 100 accidentally disconnected the three paying customers as well." Seriously. When was the last time you had service like that? I'm almost inspired to write a letter. Except I think I should be credited for the week we went without and the 15 stupid people I talked to just to get to Mr. Right.

3 comments:

Jami said...

Missed you, glad you are back.

Sarah Q said...

i love that photo! and i want a hammock.

The Bowis bunch said...

Beautiful photo!