Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sawyer's Tiny Love



This is the BEST mobile I've ever seen. A gift from Lynne - the thing is truly trippy. So much so that last night when I put Sawyer down to bed he cooed and giggle wide awake under it for half an hour before I finally turned the lights off so that I could sleep. Did that stop Sawyer. NO! Once his eyes adjusted, the nightlight was enough to keep the mobile illuminated. When I fell asleep, Sawyer was still jiving and laughing - eyes wide open. He must have eventually fallen asleep because he didn't wake me up to eat until 5 am. But this morning he is cranky as get out. That thing is like a drug, and we are going to have to regulate.


IN OTHER NEWS: Sawyer's been working hard this week. On Saturday and Sunday he went with me on assignment and hung in the Bjorn front carrier while I shot photos. Yesterday he went to work with me and chilled out in the sling, silently focused, during our staff meeting. He was doing so well that I stayed and got some work done. What killed me is that he was in such a good mood sitting there in his bouncy chair staring at me while I worked. He kept flashing me little smiles, and I felt so guilty ignoring him when he seemed so ready to interact. So far, though, work is going well. We'll see how poor dad holds up though. Scott has to watch Sawyer three nights this week while I am at meetings. I hope Sawyer goes easy on him.

1 comment:

Sarah Q said...

he's like a perfect baby!