Thursday, November 09, 2006

Interruption

I would just like to take a break from our regularly scheduled programming to complain about the fact that all my hair is falling out. I've known that postpartum hair loss happens; I just thought it would be more immediate and I didn't realize the actual amount involved. I wake up and it looks like a Shetland pony has been sheared on my pillow. I run my fingers through my hair once and I could braid rope with the hair that falls out. I have hair clinging to all my clothes and I have to unweave it from Sawyer’s fingers. Really - it's gross. If the average person loses about 100 hairs a day, I must be losing 300? 500? Everyone promises me I won’t go bald, but I am beginning to wonder. Fortunately, I had unusually thick hair to begin with and it practically doubled in thickness when I was pregnant. All you pregnant or recently-delivered girls out there: BE WARNED!

3 comments:

kitty said...

oh my god, i was just about to write a post about this very thing. seriously, it is a MAJOR problem. right now, as i type this our bathroom drain is so clogged there is standing water in our tub from a shower i took on TUESDAY. ack. it's disgusting and it's everywhere.

jamie said...

nooooooooo! i am so dreading this. i have very little hair to spare as it is! :(

Sarah Q said...

Happened to me too - right after Addie turned 3 months. I can't tell the difference though other than it clings to my clothes and my coworkers have to pick it off.