Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"Leather" Anniversary

Scott and I celebrated three blissful years as husband and wife tonight. Actually, our celebration went more like this. On Saturday morning, Scott walked in through the front door with a big smile. Happy anniversary! he said, and handed me my present (we always give the traditional anniversary gifts). He has never been good at secrets and has a hard enough time making it from the store to the house without telling me what he got, not to mention waiting a few days to give it to me. My gift to him showed up in the mail yesterday so I let him open it. So, today, we both left the house without remembering that it was our anniversary. We spoke on the phone several times and still forgot to wish each other a happy anniversary. On my way home from work at 9:30 p.m. I stopped at McD's. We shared a "fast" but romantic meal on the floor of our living room, where Scott now remains, passed out.
Our dinner converstaion went something like this:
Me: It's really hard to believe that we've only been married three years.
Scott: It feels like 20.
Me: I know (groan).
Scott: I hope it stays like that.
Me: What do you mean?
Scott: I don't want it to go by too fast.
Me: Awww......

4 comments:

Sarah Q said...

happy anniversary! so, did you get each other Timberlands?

Anonymous said...

Holy bejesus! Grass!

Anonymous said...

oops.comment on wrong post.

dare I ask what you guys got for each other in leather? no, i dare not.

Reid said...

Oh, brother, what a dirty mind! Shoes. We bought each other shoes. Scott got grizzly flip flops, which he was dismayed to find were not made of actual grizzly fur. I got cowgirl boots.