Friday, December 29, 2006

fun with decorating

We are deep into decorating and I am up late going cross-eyed plowing through options for various rooms. Some will recall that I have long had a vision for Sawyer's room that involved lime green walls, wainscoating, white linens and black furniture. Well, we couldn't afford to do the wainscoating right now, so I'll have to live with the bottom half of the wall painted white. And lime green, it turns out, didn't match the trim on the Pottery Barn bedding I got, so I went with a cedar green instead. Here is a mockup of what Sawyer's colors will look like. Help me choose a border. I do have a turtle theme going by way of one framed poster and a night light, but I do like caterpillars and bugs too. Possibly my favorite is just the simple black border.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooo very nice. If you get a border, it needs to be timeless, unless you are into peeling and scraping it off in a few years. I vote for the plain black or just painting what you like on the wall.

Anonymous said...

As far as borders, I like the wagon-bike-car-house one, but for a more flexible (easily removable) option check out http://wwww.whatisblik.com That is what we're doing in our nursery...fun and funky!!

kitty said...

i like the car, trike, house one. or maybe just do black and keep it as unchaotic as possible. that way when there's kid clutter all over the place (and there's bound to be) at least you'll have some serenity on the walls. that is until he takes his magic markers to them ...

Sarah Q said...

i vote for no borders at all. Just go with the paint and let the rest of the room do the talking.

Sarah Q said...

OMG. I LOVE Blik wall graphics. Cap and I are seriously considering the Space Invaders one

Reid said...

hmmmm . . . compelling arguments. perhaps just chair rail.