Sunday, January 13, 2008

Thank you note

Dear Uncle Ross and Aunt Niki,
Thank you so much for the burly John Deer wagon. It was the best surprise ever!


When the big box arrived yesterday night, I "ooooh-ed" over it and begged daddy to open it. He said there were lots of parts and gave me a tire to play with. But when I woke up from my nap today, there it was - IN THE KITCHEN - waiting for me. I knew exactly what to do because I saw the picture of the boy on the cover of the box.


Daddy pulled me up and down the hallway a few times and then took me for a walk around the neighborhood. As we pulled away, my face was consumed by a giant smile. This is exactly what I needed this week - a special surprise all my own.
Love,
Sawyer.


p.s. Please tell Mom and Dad to comb my hair when they get a chance.

1 comment:

Afternoon Stache said...

You're welcome Sawyer! We knew you would like it. Sorry it took so long to get there. The mean website elf tricked us. We can't wait to see you riding in it during next year's fall festival! :) If you're lucky, you'll get your picture in the paper. But I would recommend some styling gel. The critics these days can be fickle and harsh. In the meantime, enjoy the wagon!!!