Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Arden 7 Months


Arden is my little over-achiever. She was crawling before six months, pulling up before 7 months and just wants to walk walk walk. She sees her big brother running circles around the living room and starts cracking up - I mean doubled over hysterical giggling. And then Sawyer starts cracking up and soon we are all laughing. Sawyer says "come here, come here" and holds out his hands to her encouraging her to walk over to him. I think he can't wait until she's racing circles with him, and I doubt it will be long. She's babbling up a storm and says mama and dada to nobody in particular. We're still nursing and haven't really started solid foods. No teeth yet. She hates all baby cereal and pureed food but will gum a frozen bagel like its going out of style. Just what I need. Another picky eater. When she's unhappy or wants to be held, she's got a screech that will curdle your blood. But she can also squeal in delight - something I never really heard from Sawyer - and all I can think is that she's SUCH A GIRL. The thing that surprises me most is how much the kids interact with each other already. I knew it would happen, but I just didn't realize that they would be so close so soon. They share and fight over toys (and Arden gets her way just as much as Sawyer - she will go after whatever he has) and look for each other whenever one is missing from the room. On the stats front, Arden is still short (35th) and fat (60th). But with her fuzzy head, she pulls the look off well.

3 comments:

K*Funk said...

Wow, that is amazing! What a little superbaby! I can't believe she was crawling by 6 months!!!! Great pic :)

Wendy said...

great news that she Is advancIng so nIcely. adorable, about sawyer encouragIng her. can't waIt to see all of you. lets make a date.

Kate said...

Reid - the pictures don't do her justice! She is so sweet and made my day today. The soft hair, the waving, the smiles - I could eat her up! Libby's only 8 months older but it was still like a baby fix for me.