Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to the Beach

Sorting through vacation photos is an overwhelming task - especially after such a great trip with four hard-core photographers in competition to nab the best shot. I hardly even touched the camera myself. Many of the best vacation photos were taken by our nanny Tara and friend John Kim. I've been putting off the sum-up of the vacation with hopes of putting together a nice little slideshow and video, but time is flying by and this album is now embarrassingly overdue so HERE IT IS, a photo vomit of sorts for those of you who don't mind flipping through 148 shots.

I especially need to note that our vacation would not have been a vacation at all were it not for our gracious hosts The Randalls, who invited us down and put us up in their time share for the week:

The Godkids (photo by John Kim)

and our nanny Tara who helped watch the kids so that we could have a few minutes of rest on the beach or time in the evenings:

When I came home and gave the vacation round up to my work pals, I told them, "Hands down, best vacation ever." And that's still about the only way I can sum it up. If you are going to go on vacation with the kids, then I have to say that the best way to do it is to go with another family, to have great digs (aka place to stay on the beach) and to bring some extra help.

No comments: