Thursday, November 27, 2008

On the Menu


Scott cooked our Thanksgiving dinner today, entirely by himself, and he never even broke a sweat. My mom and I sat around and watched him, napped, took the kids to the park, did a few dishes and that was it. It was just the three of us, plus the kids for dinner. My dad is enjoying his Turkey in Napa Valley with his sister Bobby, Ross, Niki and Baby Kieran. I have to say, it was the best Thanksgiving dinner "we" ever cooked. The best part was that we deviated from the traditional side dishes.


On the menu:
Organic Turkey, brined and roasted to perfection
Harvest stuffing with apricots, pine nuts, cranberries, apples and plums
Green beens with shallots and clementine zest
Mustardy Kale and bacon salad (this was AMAZING)
Roasted sweet potato rounds with crispy sage (PHENOMENAL)
And a can of cranberry sauce, rings still visible.

sweet potatoes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ummm yeah....is that my gut hanging over my belt.