Friday, December 19, 2008

Hark the Herald Angels . . . . Cry.

Poor Sawyer made it about halfway through his Christmas play and then just lost it. I'm not sure why. Maybe he was cold. It was like 40 degrees and we were outside. Maybe the pressure was just too much. There were about 100 people watching him. Maybe it was the fact that he blurted out BIG TRUCK! when one went by on the road behind us and everyone laughed. I wasn't allowed to go up to him and the teachers left him there so he just stood there amid a choir of angels, crying, for about 10 minutes. Later, when people asked me which kid was mine, all I had to say was 'The angel that cried" and they all knew who I meant.

4 comments:

Chillable said...

Oh, LOL...sorry to laugh at your misfortune, poor little angel, but that is just too much. BIG TRUCK! Hahahahaha.....

I can't wait for our first ballet recital someday!

Afternoon Stache said...

classic

Anonymous said...

I'll take those tears from heaven any old day, a BIG TRUCK is way better than the torture of costumes and holiday programs....

Sarah Q said...

poor guy. i bet it was still the best christmas pageant ever.