Friday, September 25, 2009

Goodbye Pierceville!


Saying goodbye to the house today was more gut-wrenching than I ever imagined. Memories of driving the dump truck to Ikea with Sawyer in a infant carseat to buy kitchen cabinets, finishing the nursery first then building the house around him, finding out I was pregnant again, racing cars up and down the halls, wonderful dinners, nights on the deck . . . I lay in bed last night with tears streaming into my hair and onto the pillow thinking about this being the last night I would spend in the house we built, board by board, together. It isn't easy to walk away from. But the memories belong to us, not the house. And there are new memories to be created, elsewhere.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

well said, and what a perfect photo to capture your home and your kids and your memories. best of luck in colorado