Thursday, October 22, 2009

Things I left behind

In the insanity that occurred the day we loaded up the U-haul and Scott pulled out of the driveway, I forgot to pack a few things that would have been handy to have on this side of the Great Divide during the past four weeks. To name a few:

• Kitchen knives. (I've been using a 1-inch pocket knife blade to cut everything.)
• Shoes. (I have two pairs: Crocs and cowboy boots.)
• Jackets. (I didn't bring a single jacket, which makes life interesting when it's 34 degrees outside. I've been getting creative with a fleece Melanzana vest over blazers and the really awesome scarf my mother-in-law knitted me.)

On the other hand, I've been surviving just fine without a lot of the stuff that's not here and I'm wondering why I couldn't part with so many of those boxes.

No comments: