Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wooo Woooo!

I've lived in a military town, a government town, a college town, a mining town, a fishing town and, now, a railroad town. I love how the train clocks my day from a distance as it heads into the mountains or the canyons. I love that there is a passenger train twice a day. I love the anticipation in any drive, wondering: Will we see a train? Will it be a working train? A people train? I love that for all the times I've called him an engineer, Sawyer wants to literally be an engineer when he grows up.

2 comments:

Afternoon Stache said...

I love that trains still carry romance out there. We too have a train close by. A commuter train. A means from A to B. And all it does is block my path when I'm trying to commute myself. Caltrain, BART, MUNI, Railcar. OK the Railcars are still cool (though I still haven't ridden on one in 9 years). Kieran, though, hears the train and immediately perks up, points his finger in the perceived direction of the sound and goes "heeegggkkktttt" with a big smile on his face.

Reid said...

Heeegggkkkttt? Everytime? Do you think has some hidden meaning?