Sunday, August 02, 2009

Bye Bye Baby



I don't know when it happened. I wasn't paying attention. Arden has stopped sucking those two fingers on her left hand. I'm afraid to jinx it. But she isn't even sucking them when she goes to sleep. I'd been plotting ways of breaking the habit for some time: bandaging the fingers with first aid tape, taping on a Michael Jackson style glove, applying foul-tasting nail biting solution. For a while the sucking habit was so bad I couldn't even get a picture of her without her fingers in her mouth (although just now I struggled to find even one). I couldn't walk through the grocery store without somebody saying in a ridiculous baby voice: "Do dos fwingers taste soo gwooood?" I definitely thought I'd still be struggling with this when she's six. It never honestly crossed my mind that she'd just simply outgrow it one day.

No comments: