Saturday, October 21, 2006

everybody loves a parade?

Today I took Sawyer to his first parade. I had to cover the event for the paper and Scott was working on the house so it was just me and my sidekick.


There was a big crowd but we found a good spot ... right in front of the fire sirens, which sounded off when the parade began. I dove to the ground, arms outstretched to cover Sawyer's ears. He scowled at me but didn't cry. Narrow catch.


What parade? Seriously, Mom, have you checked out these shoes? They have eyes, which are looking at me.


I finally take Sawyer out of his seat hoping he will notice the fire trucks driving by. I let the nice strangers standing next to me hold Sawyer while I take pictures. (See how good of a Mom I am?)


One huge semi truck decides to blow its horn right in front of us. Sawyer loses it - melts into tears. And the nice strangers promptly hand him back to me.

And that was the end of Sawyer's first parade.

No comments: