Saturday, February 23, 2008

With only an 8th grade education

Growing up, my parents often reminded me that the average American newspaper is written so that anyone with an 8th grade education can read it . . . it's all about keeping the masses informed. I doubt many eighth graders are reading the newspaper these days, and if they were to, say, pick up the Washington Post, I'm not sure how readable they would find it. But, fortunately, they can always follow along with the most exciting of events right here on my blog. My friend Maria found this website that calculates the "readability" of your website or blog. I have no idea how it works, but I had fun testing it out on a bunch of my friend's websites. Here is my result:

blog readability test

Movie Reviews



ps- I checked, the Washington Post website got a "High School" readability rating.

No comments: