Saturday, February 23, 2008

Would you like Goldfish with that French Toast?


Sawyer's behavior has been getting increasingly worse over the past seven weeks (coincidence? i don't think so). But, it reached at all time low this week when we dropped him off at daycare. As soon as we let him go, he would run clear across the room and ATTACK the other children. They weren't taking his toys or getting in his way. He just wanted to maul them - grabbing their shirts in his fists, trying to throw them to the floor. So, I was a little relieved when he was diagnosed with a double ear infection and pneumonia on Wednesday (maybe my child really ISN'T the devil incarnate.)

I've set Sawyer up a little snack shelf in the pantry, and when he's hungry he'll toddle in there and pick himself out something to eat. It's all junk food, mind you - Goldfish, fruit chews, apple sauce, cheerios - stuff like that - no substitute for a hot breakfast or dinner. But, with Scott off this weekend on a man-cation, telemark skiing with a friend in West Virginia - Sideways meets Brokeback or something like that - I'm not feeling like fighting any big battles. (Please note what a GOOD WIFE I am - letting husband leave for weekend when toddler has pneumonia and ear infection. I want BIG bonus points.) So when he came out of the pantry with a bag of Goldfish this morning (ignoring the plate of french toast and banana I had made him for breakfast) I said, Okay. Whatever. And opened the bag for him. He walked over to his breakfast, dumped the Goldfish on the plate and THEN ate the French toast and bananas (now covered in a fine dusting of cheddar cheese) and left me with a plate full of sticky Goldfish to clean up.

1 comment:

kitty said...

i can't get sideways meets brokeback out of my head and it's making me laugh so hard.