Sunday, July 30, 2006

1st birthday (one week that is)


Its hard to believe a week has passed. In some ways it feels like a lifetime - lack of sleep, reality not yet hit. In other ways, I can see already how time is going to fly. My little bird has some meat on his chicken legs and bony fingers now. His face is, ever so slightly, taking shape. We are forming routines and patterns. I love nothing more than to lay with him on my chest in the morning, his head snuggled under my chin, resting his cheek on his own folded hands. I already fear the day down the path when he is too big to do this, and I try to relish every moment of it. I want to always remember the tiny little noises - the sigh he makes after he sneezes, the muffled protest just before he cries... I keep encouraging Scott, who has worked all week, to also sit down and enjoy these fleeting moments with his newborn son. Sawyer and I spent a few hours Saturday by my parents' pool. Sawyer celebrated the first day of his second week by dipping his toes in the water, getting 100 photos taken and then splaying out in the shade of an umbrella. Justin headed off for an overnight at a friend's house Saturday night and Scott and I spent Sunday in our pajamas in bed, bonding with the babe and catching up on much needed rest.

No comments: