Friday, July 14, 2006

Week 31


How your baby's growing: This week, your baby measures about 16 inches long. He weighs a little over 3 pounds and is headed for a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and he's beginning to accumulate a layer of fat underneath his skin in preparation for life as a newborn. As a result, his arms, legs, and body are filling out.

Scott and I have been attending our childbirth preparedness classes in Richmond. While it's a long drive (1.5 hours each way), I think it's worth it - and it's good practice for when we have to make "THE DRIVE." The best part of class is the half-hour of massage practice at the end. I'm looking forward to touring the birthing center this week. Our crib, which we ordered on Ebay, showed up last week. Scott was so excited that he assembled it right there in the living room. Of course, now we are walking around it (if you can imagine our little living room) and will have to find a place to store it until we get into the new house. As for the new house, delays continue and the project seems overwhelming at times. We worked on it some this weekend only to realize that we really need to build the decks before continuing. Our new moving deadline is prior to Labor Day weekend when we hope to be having some house guests. I am still feeling pretty good, although my stomach is growing and looking at this picture, I realize I am beginning to retain water (bloated face). Ross took this of me last weekend on the new property. Nine more weeks! I can't imagine where all that baby is going to go.

Still no news from Sarah Q, who is now a week overdue. The doctor scheduled an induction for May 30.

Love to all.... Reid

No comments: