Friday, July 14, 2006

Week 19

Hello all,
Well, I'm just a week shy of the halfway mark and we hopefully get to find out what sex the little flipper is on Friday. We bought a tall stack of books this weekend on a trip up to DC covering topics ranging from naming the baby to surviving the first year - so I have some reading ahead of me. Otherwise I am feeling good. I swear my belly grew over night. I looked down one morning this week - and there it was, out of the blue, a big bulging belly. Go figure, the baby has gone from the size of a jumbo shrimp to a zucchini in a little more than a month. It's the fastest growth period the baby will have.

How your baby's growing: Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and he measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the length of a small zucchini. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. The hair on his scalp is sprouting. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Your baby's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. If your baby is a girl, she has an astonishing six million eggs in her ovaries. They'll dwindle to fewer than two million by the time she's born.

The weather has been wacky 30 one day 70 the next. I am desperately trying to keep my mouth shut, and Scott is working on finishing the house on time. Good for me and bad for him - time is flying!

Best to you all....
Reid

No comments: